We love technology but we love people even more.
Aside from the savvy technical skills, we want our Nerds to have the utmost respect for our clients and put their needs first.
We are looking for outgoing, engaging individuals who love teaching about technology.
A Nerd should have a fun-loving personality, while maintaining a strong sense of professionalism.
What does it mean to be a Neighborhood Nerd?
Our Team enjoys working with people, but these are the traits that make them a Platypus (like Gizmo).
- Smiles a lot
- Always in a good mood
- Loves problem solving
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Patience is key to their interactions
- Kind to everyone (children, pets, and seniors)
- Open and Honest – know what they don’t know, excel in what they do know
A Neighborhood Nerd has many talents*.
Gizmo can do all sorts of things as a platypus. As a Neighborhood Nerd, you’ll use your creativity, style, and technical skills everyday.
- Replace a motherboard? Check
- Network a small office? No problem
- Set up a home theater? Got it
- Spin up a Minecraft server? Easy peasy
- Translate tech jargon to everyday language
- Diagnose email issues with a client over the phone
* What if I don’t have all the technical skills above? Apply anyway! A good Nerd doesn’t know everything but they’re extremely good at learning new things. We can teach you the skills so long as you have the traits.
Speedy response time. Willing. Patient. Helpful. Knowledgeable. Good natured. Trustworthy. Interested in the problem.
~ Neighborhood Nerds Client, VIP
Neighborhood Nerds, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.