In light of the recent spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Neighborhood Nerds want to keep our members safe by reiterating the importance of sanitizing your tech. Our phones and gadgets go wherever we go. This makes them a hub for germs and bacteria to form. You’ll want to disinfect your gadgets as much as you are washing your hands. If you’re asking yourself, “do I need to clean my phone screen?” The answer is yes, and here’s why:
Cellphones travel with us everywhere we go. We are constantly touching our phones and touching other surfaces. These gadgets can pick up and redistribute germs just like anything else. That’s why it’s important to disinfect your tech. Sanitizing all of your devices is an easy process, and you probably already have all of the things you need at home.
What is the Proper Way to Clean My Phone Screen?
- If any of your devices have a case on them, you’ll want to take the case off and clean it also.
- Use a disinfectant wipe with at least 70% alcohol to clean your phone, devices, and cases.
- Do not submerge your phone in any cleaning liquids. This could ruin the device.
- You can use a lint-free cloth to wipe off any smudges after you disinfect the device.
- Let the case and the device air dry before you put the case back on.
You should try and disinfect your devices at least once per day. This is especially true if you are carrying your phone to other places. Be sure to also clean your work area with disinfectant wipes. These precautions will help you stay healthy and safe.
Now you don’t have to ask yourself, “should I clean my phone screen?” The answer is yes! Want someone to clean all of your tech for you? Call the Neighborhood Nerds and join our membership today!