It’s Good to Know How to Clean Up Files on Your Computer: Here’s WhyFebruary 27, 2020
Should I Clean My Phone Screen? Why It’s Important to Disinfect Your TechMarch 27, 2020
In light of the recent spread of COVID-19, the Neighborhood Nerds want to share what we are doing to help keep ourselves and our members safe. We are doing our part to help our community in any way we can.
The entire Neighborhood Nerd team is following the best practices laid out by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) website regarding the COVID-19 virus. These best practices are as follows:
- Properly washing hands
- Using hand sanitizer wherever possible (at least 60% alcohol)
- Avoiding close contact with others
- Wiping everything down before and after use with alcohol wipes (at least 60% alcohol)
In addition to these best practices suggested by the CDC, the Neighborhood Nerds are taking steps to stop the spread of COVID-19. Our Remote Nerds are required to wear gloves and shoe protection while entering a member’s home. If any of our Nerds are feeling sick, then they are told to stay home. All pieces of tech we use are sanitized with alcohol wipes before and after use.
How We Can Help Our Members
We want to continue to help our members, especially during this time. Here are a few things we can offer:
- Delivery/Run Errands: Our Nerds can deliver items you need to your door. This is great for our members that are unable to leave their homes. We can also run errands or pick up items that members need.
- Remote Computer Help: If you’re having problems with your computer, the Nerds can remotely service your computer. We can get you in for a cleanup/setup appointment so your computer is ready to go.
- Open Phone Lines: Our phone lines are open! We can always offer assistance for our members over the phone, so don’t be afraid to give us a call.
We are here for you! Give us a call at 865-770-4351 or visit the Neighborhood Nerds website for more info.