Tech Talks Update – August 2014August 20, 2014
Microsoft Phone ScamNovember 19, 2014
First, we’d like to thank everyone who participated in our recent Tech Talks Survey. We value your feedback as it helps us to serve you better. Without further ado, let’s jump right into the All-New Tech Talks!
We love technology, but we love people even more. Our Nerds are pretty savvy when it comes to technology. That’s why we want to share the latest and greatest news, info, tips & tricks with you – our Clients. Sharing is Caring.
NN Tech Talks are truly awesome. Where else do you go to learn how to Manage Photos, iOS Devices, Android Tips & Tricks, Windows Basics, Master Mac OS X, and so much more? We’ve put together a series of topics enjoyable by Tech Beginners as well as Gurus. Many of our Talks are inspired by your very own suggestions.
Since we know technology can be complicated sometimes, one of our primary goals is to make it easier for you. Tech should be fun, not stressful. We’re inviting you to join us every Tuesday at 10am and Saturday at 11am at our headquarters in Sequoyah Hills. The Calendar is posted all the way through December. All you have to do is RSVP and show up!
In order to accommodate the number of anticipated clients, we’re requesting everyone RSVP on our website so we can hold you a spot. This doesn’t mean you’re not welcomed if you don’t, but it certainly makes it easier for us to manage given the limited seating available. Here are some very easy steps to RSVP:
- Go to our website (http://nnerd.com/calendar)
- Find the Talk you want to attend (using the list or the calendar)
- Put in the number of seats you want to reserve, then click Register
- It’s that easy!
Here are some questions many clients have asked about Tech Talks.
- Who are the Nerd Instructors? Linda, Leo, Rich, Mark, and Tommy will all be leading Tech Talks. Sometimes there’ll be multiple Nerds.
- Wait, who is Rich? Rich Monhollon is the newest member of our Nerd Family! Many of you have met him already and the rest of you will in short time. He’s a kind-hearted, intelligent, and sociable Nerd, specializing in iPhones and iPads and loves sports. He’s an all-around good guy.
- Are Tech Talks included as part of my membership? If you’re a Neighborhood Client – then yes! Tech Talks are an integral part of your relationship with us.
- What if I’m not a membership client? No problem! You’re invited too. Tech Talks for On-Demand clients are just $25 per Talk.
- How do I know if I’m a Client or On-Demand? If you pay a monthly fee, you’re a Client 🙂
- Can I bring a friend? Of course! Friends just pay the $25 rate, which can be waived if they become a client with us.
- Can I bring a spouse/kids? The whole family is invited! Just RSVP the right number of seats.
- I can’t come today, can I view it online? Absolutely! You can watch our Talks live on Google Plus (https://plus.google.com/+Shnerd/videos) or watch them on your free time right on our website (https://neighborhoodnerds.com/tech-talks/). You can use a computer, smartphone, tablet, SmartTV, and more.
- Do I select “Member RSVP” or “On-Demand Client” when registering for a Talk? If you’re a member, it’s free, so select the RSVP option. Otherwise, you can sign up using a credit card or PayPal.
- Do I bring my own phone/tablet/Mac/laptop/PC/TV/coffee maker? We encourage you to work on your own devices since that’s where you’re most comfortable, but it’s not required. You can just come and take notes or sit back and enjoy the show. We also have limited devices here for you to use.
- When are Tech Talks? Tuesdays at 10am and Saturdays at 11am. Sometimes we’ll have special days around big announcements (iPhone 6…). Nerds get to stay home on Holidays.
- Who chose the times? Well, you did! These were the most popular times based on the survey results.
- How long are the Tech Talks? 45-60 minutes. While we try not to, a few topics will go over an hour.
- Where are Tech Talks? Most Talks will be held right at our headquarters in Sequoyah Hills (1202 Kenesaw Ave 37919). Sometimes we’ll have them at clubhouses or other venues.
- How many people can come to a Tech Talk? Currently, we’d like to keep it under 20 clients.
- I’m an absolute beginner with iPhone/iPad/Android/Mac/PC/Email/etc,etc. Should I come? We want you here so you can become experts. Come!
- Do you teach Business-specific courses? Yes, yes we do. We love helping you do more with technology and be more efficient. Contact us to schedule a Tech Talk just for your staff at our office or yours.
- Will there be refreshments? There will cold and hot drinks available. Sometimes there might donuts or bagels.
- Do you teach so and so class? The short answer is yes. Just let us know what you want to learn and we can make a Talk for you.
- Can I ask questions during Tech Talks? We try to keep it very casual and welcome client interaction. We do ask that you keep discussions on-topic and limit side-banter.
- Is there a Q&A after the Talk? We generally reserve the last 5-10 minutes for questions and answers.
- Will you have that Talk again? We most likely will host a Tech Talk multiple times throughout the year. If you miss one, you can always watch it later online (http://nnerd.com/tech-talks/)
- How many Tech Talks can I attend? As a Member, you’re entitled and welcomed to come to each and every one of our Talks.
- What’s the difference between a Tech Talk and a One-to-One? Tech Talks are usually One-to-Many, where a One-to-One is more intimate and is just that, One-to-One.